Sunday, August 28, 2011

Moody on the WORD of GOD...

"Why should I get a new remedy for sin when I have found one that has never failed?" he said. "The Gospel stood the test for eighteen centuries. I know what it will do for sin-sick souls. I have tried its power for forty years. It is a singular fact that few men, otherwise well educated, are acquainted with the English Bible. I can secure a hundred men who can teach Greek and Latin well where I can find only one that can teach the Bible well.

"Take the Bible; study it; leave criticism to the theologians; feed on the Word; then go out to work. Combine the two--study and work--if you would be a full-orbed Christian. The Bible is assailed as never before. Infidels cast it overboard, but it will always swim to the shore. The doctrines, the promises, the messages of love are as fresh to-day as when first spoken. Pass on the message; be obedient to commands; waste no time in discussion; let speculation and theorizing pass into the hands of those who like that kind of study. Be willing to do little things for the Master."

D.L. Moody


0 comments: